Re: tramp (2.0.22); tramp errs: Remote `/bin/sh' didn't come up.

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.22); tramp errs: Remote `/bin/sh' didn't come up.
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:59:13 +0100

<address@hidden> writes:

> OK, "exec env 'PS1=3D$ ' env 'ENV=3D' %s%s" seems to be a better solution
> than the tramp-shell-prompt-pattern kludge. I hope nothing really
> depends on the stuff in the file that is now not executed when the
> tramp logs in. Seems I want to create a new tramp-method.

Note that this is the second shell already, so it should inherit its
environment from your login shell.  That should be good enough.

I'll change tramp.el to just always unset $ENV.

(Does it work to do "exec env 'PS1=$ ' ENV= /bin/sh" instead of
invoking env twice?  *test test*  Yes, it seems so.)

[time passes]

Okay, I've now changed it.  But I'd like to document it, as well.
Can you tell me again why did you need to unset $ENV?  Thanks.