Re: tramp (2.0.35); TRAMP fails with ssh method

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.35); TRAMP fails with ssh method
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:54:03 +0200

Andrew Nesbit <address@hidden> writes:

> Following is the output of the *tramp/ssh ..." buffer:
>
> Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.
> ssh_askpass: exec(/usr/libexec/ssh-askpass): No such file or directory
> Write failed: Broken pipe
>
> Process *tramp/ssh address@hidden exited abnormally with code 255

Theoretically, you ought to get the message about failing to start
ssh-askpass (line 2) when you invoke ssh from outside Emacs, too.
Does this in fact happen?

If ssh from outside Emacs works fine, please try M-x shell RET and
then invoke ssh from there.  What happens then?

Given this error message, I'm guessing that it is not a Tramp
problem, but rather a problem with the underlying ssh.
--
~/.signature