Re: Tramp 2.0.36 on Red Hat 8.0

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp 2.0.36 on Red Hat 8.0
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:26:40 +0200

Charles Curley <address@hidden> writes:

>> > * The installation did not integrate the info page into
>> >   /usr/share/info/dir. I guess that problem will go away when Emacs
>> >   21.4 comes out. This is a minor issue as one can always use "info -f
>> >   /usr/share/info/tramp.info.gz" or equivalent.
>>
>> See the info at "(tramp)Load paths".
>
> ?? I read the information on load paths in the tramp file INSTALL, but
> don't see anything there about editing dir.

I've meant the Emacs Info pages on Tramp. You get them via
"C-h i g (tramp)Load paths" (use insert for "Load paths", because you
cannot enter a space char - brrrrr).

But you're right, it should be mentioned in INSTALL as well.

[...]

> I evaluated the elisp code in the documentation for tramp-chunksize,
> and got:
>
> Bytes sent: 1000      Bytes received: 1000
> "Bytes sent: 1000     Bytes received: 1000"
>
> I don't see anything in the documentation that says what to make of
> whatever results you get. Nothing that says, "If you got this result,
> do X, if you got that result, do Y."

That's correct, another documention lack. I'll write next days (this
reads "next weekend", usually).