Re: tramp (2.0.36); tramp (2.0.36) fails to login using scp method

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.36); tramp (2.0.36) fails to login using scp method
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:39:26 +0200

Joseph Vaughan <address@hidden> writes:

> Tramp fails to connect to remote server, or at least seems to hang
> after initial connection.  Seems to be receiving a prompt that says
> "please type yes or no".  This prompt does not appear using ssh
> directly, nor if I invoke a shell in eemacs and use ssh from there
> (ssh-agent is working properly, in other words).

I think that this prompt comes from Tramp sending "unset correct" or
"unset autocorrect".  Could you log in to the remote host using ssh,
then type those two commands to see what happens?

The other possibility is that the prompt comes from the following
strange-looking command line:

exec env 'ENV=' 'PS1=$ ' /bin/sh

Please try the above command, as well, with the exact placing of
single quotes and spaces as shown above.  I know it looks weird.  But
it is actually needed on some systems.

Which shell are you running on the remote host?  ("echo $SHELL" and
"echo $shell" might provide useful info after logging in with ssh.)
--
~/.signature