Re: Path problems.

From: kai . grossjohann
Subject: Re: Path problems.
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:49:46 +0200 (MEST)

> Thank you.  I thought I had a concept that would solve all issues for
> all servers, but it seems that I will have to make either individual
> settings for my users around, and/or specifying prompts in .emacs.
> Speaking of which - thank you for teaching me something about Emacs I
> should've known/looked up. :)  Your remedy works!

Hm.  Solves it for all servers...  In what way?

I'm interested in getting Tramp to work out of the box in many situations,
so that people don't have to tweak too much.  Hm.  Maybe I should have another
look at your prompt to figure out if the default regexp can be made to match
your prompt, too.

But it is difficult, because very bad things happen if Tramp finds a prompt
where no prompt is.  For instance, Tramp used to consider any line with a "#"
in it to be a prompt line, but many /etc/motd files say something like
"Frumple OS # 2" in the first line.

I think that the current CVS groks some escape sequences, but maybe not all
of them, or only at the end of the prompt, or something.  If you have
suggestions, please come forward.

Kai

--
I just moved and started a new job.  Without Internet access
in my new home, response times will be high :-(