Re: Possible speedup?

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: Re: Possible speedup?
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:32:48 -0600

    Kai> Does anyone want to work on this?
    >>
    >> If it was written in Python, I'd have it done already. ;-)

    Kai> Well, you just said you didn't think parsing the output from fstat
    Kai> makes sense ;-)

*it* being tramp. ;-)

    Kai> But maybe something that does the logic of file-truename in sh (in
    Kai> a portable way!) would be cool.

Appended is a start (a truename.sh script and a truename-test.sh script).
I'm almost certain it's not entirely correct, and it's dog slow, but I'm
tired enough to not be interested in messing with it more tonight.  Perhaps
someone else will pick it up and tweak it some in the proper place(s).

Skip