Re: Find out last modtime of a file?

From: Adrian Phillips
Subject: Re: Find out last modtime of a file?
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:17:27 +0100

    Kai> In addition to invoking Perl and the /usr/bin/stat (or
    Kai> /bin/stat?)  program, which other ways can you think of to
    Kai> find the last modtime of a file?

I have a feeling of Deja Vu - has this come up before or is this just
the same stat conversation that has appeared on other lists over the
years.

The stat command varies between OSes. The safest way seems to be to
use the stat system call via your favourite language (whatever is
accessible from tramp I suppose).

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/