Re: ange-ftp problem

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: ange-ftp problem
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:56:48 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Finally, I don't think I have write-access to any ftp server any more.
> Can I use sftp instead?  How would I go about telling ange-ftp to use sftp?

The problem is that the sftp client fails to print some things that
Ange-FTP expects, in particular those "542 frumple" status messages
are missing.

The normal workaround that I recommend is to use Tramp instead ;-)  I
know that this won't cut it in this case.

Back some moons ago when I needed to do similar testing, I just bit
the bullet and installed an ftp server locally.  Then I did the tests
and disabled it again right away.

Kai