Re: tramp (2.0.36); tramp-rsh-end-of-line needs to be changed in my conf

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.36); tramp-rsh-end-of-line needs to be changed in my configuration.
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 12:25:35 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> I fixed this by setting tramp-rsh-end-of-line to \r in my .emacs file,
> everything works fine thereafter. The documentation to that variable
> says it normally doesn't need to be changed, and a notification is
> requested otherwise.
> I guess it really is a windows specific problem that \n expands to 2
> characters. Another way to fix it would be to tell stty to recognize
> CRLF as one line-break instead of two, although I don't know how to do
> this properly.

Ah, it's interesting.  Hm.  So I wonder if it works for everybody who
uses putty to set tramp-rsh-end-of-line to \r.  Also, if you're using
putty, then perhaps you need a different setting for this variable in
case you are using another ssh client.  This could mean that it would
be useful to make tramp-rsh-end-of-line a method parameter.

I will poll the other Tramp users.

It's really amazing that all this stuff shows up after such a long
time ;-)  One would expect things to stabilize after a while...

Kai