Re: tramp (2.0.36); tramp-rsh-end-of-line needs to be changed in my conf

From: Greek0
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.36); tramp-rsh-end-of-line needs to be changed in my configuration.
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 16:15:02 +0200

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 09:11:48 +0200
Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> wrote:

> address@hidden writes:
>
> > I think the error message is already a quite strong indicator:
> > stty -inlcr -echo kill '^U' failed    (or something like this).
>
> What I meant is: where in the docs did you start looking, so that I
> can change that spot to give a more useful hint?

I started looking on your tramp homepage. On the long tramp manual page.
IMHO the warning should go there. You can never be sure where someone
wants to start looking. And many people will probably just give up right
away if they get the error message, and can't find a description online.

> Or are you saying that I should change the error message (that now
> says that stty failed) such that it says that people should have a
> look at tramp-rsh-end-of-line?
>
> I'm not sure that I want to do this.  There can be many other reasons
> for stty to fail.

No, that's actually not what I wanted. A paragraph on the manual "tramp
with plink" describing the problem would be nice.

Cheers,
Greek0