Re: copy-tree symbol definition

From: Derek Belrose
Subject: Re: copy-tree symbol definition
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 17:48:15 -0400

So is it safe to say that this works right in the CVS repository? Should I just download emacs 21.4?

Or should I just wait?

Michael Albinus wrote:

Derek Belrose <address@hidden> writes:

tramp-handle-find-backup-file-name: Symbol's function definition is
void:
copy-tree

Oops. Just checked: `copy-tree' exists in several packages. But it'll
find its way into plain Emacs with release 21.4 only. (XEmacs has it,
don't know how long).

I'll investigate for replacing it with a more conservative function.

Maybe somebody has a proposal? It must be a real copy, not sharing the
objects of the list.