Debugging ssh connectivity problem

From: lrossi
Subject: Debugging ssh connectivity problem
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:19:03 -0600

Hi. I'm trying to get Tramp working with an Emacs 21.2 client on Windows-XP. The server is linux, and I'm using ssh to connect.

After I type my passphrase, I don't see anything happen on my network monitor, telling me that perhaps the passphrase isn't being sent.

How can I get some debug output to see what's happening? The connection hangs. When I set tramp-verbose to 10 I get output telling me what regexp are being sought, but nowhere do I see any error message or output from the remote machine.

I can run ssh just fine from a shell window (MKS Toolkit shell) but tramp is just not connecting.

Thanks.

-Larry