Re: Compile fails under Debian woody

From: Adrian Phillips
Subject: Re: Compile fails under Debian woody
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:06:11 +0200

    Michael> Adrian Phillips <address@hidden> writes:
    >> I just tried building a Debian package of 2.0.43 and received
    >> the following error while installing :-
    >>
    >> While compiling toplevel forms in file
    >> /usr/share/emacs21/site-lisp/tramp/tramp-efs.el: !! Symbol's
    >> value as variable is void ((unused-vars))

    Michael> tramp-efs.el is intended for cooperation with XEmacs. So
    Michael> it's no surprise to get an error compiling with Emacs.

    Michael> Do you have special needs building your own Debian
    Michael> package?  Otherwise, you could use the Tramp package from
    Michael> Debian unstable (although the recent package 1:2.0.42-1
    Michael> has a bug in installation, see bug report #260383.  But
    Michael> I'm confident Jérôme will fix it, soon).

I think the first time I build a package I just grabbed the debian
directory from the latest unstable package then just copied this
directory each time. I'll look at the latest usntable package again
and rebuild from that.

Thanks for the help,

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/