Re: Password cache error? tramp v2.0.44

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Password cache error? tramp v2.0.44
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:12:01 +0200

Ytsen de Boer <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear reader,

Hi,

>   My tramp does not cache the passwords. It askes for it everytime
> again during one session for the password because I like to use scp
> for reading/writing.

You can check, whether password.el is loaded: "C-h v password-cache-expiry"
If Emacs claims it doesn't find it, you should check your load paths
and file permissions.

If Emacs finds it, it displays the value. Per default it is 16,
meaning that any password you enter expires after 16 seconds. You can
customize the value as explained in the description of the variable.