Re: config error

From: John F. Whitehead
Subject: Re: config error
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 18:10:24 -0700

On Sep 25, 2004, at 1:43 AM, Michael Albinus wrote:
configure:1428: found /usr/bin/emacs

Are you sure this is your Emacs 21.3.50.1? Usually, it is installed at
/usr/local/bin.

yes, it is a link to the executable.

Aha! After writing a description of how I couldn't figure things out, I just realized that the above is NOT a link -- it is a script:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/libexec/emacs/21.3.50/powerpc-apple-darwin6.2/Emacs.app/Contents/ MacOS/Emacs $@

and that is what is causing the problems. this redirection is screwing things up (it never did for other command line arguments -- it must not be letting the quote marks go through escaped).

i changed it from a shell script to a symlink and configure worked fine.

thanks!

- jfw