Re: tramp (2.1.2); Have not been able to use cygwin + emacs + tramp to c

From: Spencer Thiel
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.2); Have not been able to use cygwin + emacs + tramp to connect.
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 12:43:06 -0500

I still receive the message:
-----
ssh foo.bu.edu -l foobar -e none -t -t /bin/sh || exit
tcgetattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device
-----

However, I am able to get the newest tramp version (2.1.3) to work
using the "plink" method which I could not do before.  This isn't very
well documented on the tramp site, but if you follow the instructions
for setting up plink to work transparently with pageant by generating
keys with the puttygen program here, you might have success.
Instructions are here:
http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.56/htmldoc/

Because this method is more straightforward and better documented than
using ssh-agent in cygwin, this might want to be considered as the
recommended method for windows users.

Thanks!
Spencer Thiel