Re: Can someone enlight me on various tramp releases?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Can someone enlight me on various tramp releases?
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:44:01 +0100

Paul Lew <address@hidden> writes:

> I used tramp years ago and recently just start using it again and I
> have upgraded from 2.0.2.6 to 2.95.

I apologize for this confusion.  I used to use the CVS version numbers
for the file tramp.el as the Tramp version number.  But later on, I
decided that this doesn't really fly and that a proper package version
number is needed.  For the package versions, I started with 2.0.1.

So 2.95 looks younger but is actually really old.

The new filename format is a feature of the more recent Tramp
versions.

Michael has already explained the difference between 2.0.x and 2.1.x.

Kai