Hanging at mime-encode on Win2K -to- Tru64

From: Nelson E Ingersoll
Subject: Hanging at mime-encode on Win2K -to- Tru64
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:03:25 -0600

   I have used ange-ftp for a long time.  I've decided to give TRAMP a
shot.

   I cannot get TRAMP to complete the login sequence onto my Tru64
system.  It does complete when I log onto a SunOS system.

   When logging onto my Tru64 system TRAMP hangs at the "... Perl
`mime-encode' implementations." line until I type a Ctrl-G.  No errors
are displayed.  Came to the mailing list and poked around looking for
help.  I found information about setting the 'chunksize' up.  So I did
it.   Alas, I am still unable to get past the "Perl 'mime-encode'
implementations'  I've set chucksize as low as 250 and as high as 100000.

   On the Tru64 system I normally log into and use the 'tcsh' shell.
However, I do the same thing on a SunOS system and I can use TRAMP with
the SunOS login.  Any thoughts?  I am a TRAMP neophyte.

- Nelson ...

PS - 'plink IS my default tramp-method.
     (setq tramp-default-method "plink")

     tramp-version's value is "2.0.49