Tramp Windows->AIX can't set up shell session

From: Harold Lee
Subject: Tramp Windows->AIX can't set up shell session
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 11:20:56 -0800

Hi,

I'm running Tramp 2.1.5 on Gnu Emacs 21.3.1 on Windows XP. I'm trying to open a file on a remote AIX server via

M-: (require 'tramp) <return>
C-x C-f /plink:address@hidden:.profile <return>

I get this output in the *Messages* buffer (with the last line showing up in the Minibuffer):

Tramp: Opening connection for address@hidden using plink...
Tramp: Waiting 60s for local shell to come up...
Tramp: Sending command `plink iodine -l haroldl  -ssh || exit'
Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell
Tramp: Waiting 60s for prompt from remote shell on host iodine
Tramp: Found remote shell prompt on `iodine'
Tramp: Waiting 30s for remote `/bin/sh' to come up...
tramp-get-connection-property:
apply: Not enough arguments for format string

Here's what is left in my *tramp/plink address@hidden buffer:

stty -inlcr -echo kill '^U'

$ $

I can use plink in eshell just fine (no password required because my public key is in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the server), but somehow the stty does not seem to work.I tried before with Tramp 2.0.46 and it gave me an error message about not being able to execute the stty command.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Harold