Re: tramp (2.1.6-pre); ssh problems from cygwin to Linux

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.6-pre); ssh problems from cygwin to Linux
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:53:27 +0100

"emacs user" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

sorry again for being late,

> this is a more complete bug report for a problem reported previously.
> the two debug tramp buffers are attached.

I could walk now in more detail through the traces. From Tramp point
of view, everything looks fine.

> I login using ssh method from my cygwin laptop to a remote Linux
> workstation.  displaying a dired buffer on the remote machine.  then I
> press "C" to copy a remote file to my cygwin home directory and get an
> error message.  this is just one example of the fact that scp and ssh
> stopped working for me between cygwin and Linux.  this is the case for
> the past month or two.  it used to work well before, and I have no
> problem using tramp between Linux machines.

It is not obvious which file you've tried to copy. Likely you've
copied "/home/me/.dvipsrc" from your remote host, and Tramp did it
with the local copy in "/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/me/LOCALS~1/Temp/tramp.6080jT0".
Then Tramp traces stop; no indication why.

Could you, please, describe the error message you mention above?