Re: Proxy and su

From: Adrian Aichner
Subject: Re: Proxy and su
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 22:58:58 +0200

"Douglas K. Rand" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been trying to figure out how to accomplish a ssh to a host then
> a sudu on that host with proxys with out luck. I keep getting stuck that
> I want the proxy done /after/ the ssh, not before.
>
> By hand, this is:
>
>   $ ssh host
>   $ sudo user
>   $ emacs file

Hi Douglas, following syntax works fine for me in XEmacs:

/[multi/ssh:address@hidden/sudo:address@hidden/u/user2/.ssh/authorized_keys

My XEmacs runs under ssh-agent, so I don't need to supply the ssh
passphrase.

I get prompted for the remote sudo, and the file opens with remote
version control available as well.

GNU Emacs syntax is a bit different.

Good Luck!

Adrian