Re: Fwd: tramp (2.1.5); can not save files with external transfer progra

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Fwd: tramp (2.1.5); can not save files with external transfer program methods
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 23:42:18 +0200

"James Yoo" <address@hidden> writes:

> bah,
>
> I compiled emacs 22 and tried executing the shell
>
> scp works manually from the shell... but scp,rsync,etc doesn't work
> from within tramp...

This is another game. Your first report was based on GNU Emacs
built with Cygwin:

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)

This flavor behaves different than an Emacs compiled differently. In
your GNU Emacs 22 you can apply again the test (does ssh or scp run
from the Emacs *shell*?).

I'll try to find a kind soul borrowing me a Windows XP PC for
testing. Maybe I shall ask my wife?