Re: Tramp and VMS - I know it doesn't work but...

From: Nelson E. Ingersoll
Subject: Re: Tramp and VMS - I know it doesn't work but...
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:25:03 -0600

Kai,

   Enabling ange-ftp by copying "3 statements" into my .emacs is hardly
the same as simply typing '(setq tramp-default-method "ftp")' in .emacs,
which is what I'd prefer doing, or using the "M-x tramp-unload-tramp"
command.  And such is especially not obvious when the documentation is
unequivocal that all I need do is "M-x tramp-unload-tramp" to completely
unload Tramp.

- Nelson

--
Nelson E. Ingersoll