Re: tramp/plink works with one host, but not another

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp/plink works with one host, but not another
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 19:00:00 +0100

Yary H <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello all,

Hi,

> Another server, it connects, asks me for password, correctly rejects
> incorrect passwords, but when I enter the correct password, it hangs
> until I hit ^G at the message "Tramp: Found remote shell prompt on
> yyyy.x-x-x.org'"

There has been some blocking in accept-process-output on Win32. No
idea where it comes from; it doesn't seem to respect parameters
SECONDS and MILLISEC under all circumstances.

I've added a with-timeout clause around, so it is double-protected
now. You shall take recent sources from Tramp CVS.

If the problem happens again for you, please send a Tramp bug report
(M-x tramp-submit-bug). It provides the necessary debug messages.

> side note- my password was in the trace output! I had to manually
> elide the line that says 'tramp-read-passwd: "------"'

Oops, indeed. I've changed tramp-enter-password that it inhibits
tracing of tramp-read-passwd. By this, the password shouldn't occur in
the traces.