Re: Loading tramp causes high emacs cpu utilization

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Loading tramp causes high emacs cpu utilization
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 22:18:57 +0200

"Irvine, Chuck R [EQ]" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> This is a repost. Didn't get any response the first time so I thought
> that I would try one more time.

Sorry for the delay; I've been offline last 3 weeks.

> Whenever I load tramp into emacs, emacs begins using over 90% of the
> CPU. Is this normal? Does anyone know of a workaround? Thanks

It shouldn't happen. Could you, please, try to find out what Tramp is
doing this time? You might apply (setq debug-on-quit t) in your
*scratch* buffer before loading Tramp. When the CPU percentage
increases, you shall kill the running activity by C-g. The resulting
backtrace might tell us what's happening.