xemacs tramp

From: Peter Gordon
Subject: xemacs tramp
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:52:57 +0300

The story goes like this. I was using Fedora 5 with ange-ftp - it was fine.
I have upgraded to Fedora 7 and I can't seem to get ftp access going:
eg /address@hidden:/var

It gives me: Invalid operation: Process not open for writing, #<process "*ftp
address@hidden" pid 5353 state:exit>

So I started using tramp instead. It works well, except that when I open a
file, it is marked as changed. What I need is
for the file to be marked as unchanged when I first open it, and only when I
make a change should it be marked as changed.

Is there a patch or a workaround?

Thanks,

Peter