Couldn't find exit status opening directory by plink

From: poti
Subject: Couldn't find exit status opening directory by plink
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:19:02 -0400

on entering
C-x C-f
I get:

tramp-error: Couldn't find exit status of `cd /home/poti/; echo "(";
(/bin/ls -ab | xargs \stat -c '("%n" ("%N") %h "%U" "%G" %X.0 %Y.0 %Z.0
%s "%A" t %i -1)'); echo ")"'

When I paste the segment between the single quotes into
my bash shell on my.host.org, I see output that is presumably
what tramp wanted to show me as a result of opening the directory.

I have set the following in my ~/_emacs file, which is in %USERPROFILE%:
(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/tramp/lisp")
(load "C:/tramp/lisp/tramp.el")
(setq tramp-default-method "plink")

(nconc (cadr (assq 'tramp-login-args (assoc "plink" tramp-methods)))
       '(("bash" "-i")))
       (setcdr (assq 'tramp-remote-sh (assoc "plink" tramp-methods))
        '("bash -i"))

        (setq tramp-debug-buffer t)
        (setq tramp-verbose 10)

Where C:/tramp/
is the uncompressed tramp-2.1.9 archive.
M-x tramp-version says 2.0.55, however.
I am using
Emacs  : GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2007-06-02 on RELEASE
 Package: tramp (2.0.55)

If someone could direct me to how to enter the debugger and step through
immediately after C-x C-f, this would be helpful to me since I am having
other problems, in addition to this, with tramp on a variety of platforms.

Also, a minor note on the tramp-bug dialogue, 'If you don't want to
append a buffer because it contains sensible data,' should read
'sensitive data,'
-Poti