File completion woe

From: yary
Subject: File completion woe
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:53:04 -0700

I've never had file completion work with tramp, and after years of putting up with it, I'm now asking for help!

I can tab-complete filenames that use the FTP method- presumably using ange-FTP and its directory caching, since it completes quickly. Unfortunately I have no luck with my usual connect mode, plink.

In an attempt to get it working, I looked in the "Partial Completion" customization group, turned on "Partial Completion Mode", Set & Saved it. Still Tab or M-Tab gives me "[No match]"

Dired works OK over tramp/plink.

I connect to NetBSD and OpenBSD hosts, which don't color text in their shells, so I don't think that's the issue. Using Tramp-version 2.1.13, GNU Emacs 22.0.990.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-05-23 on LENNART-69DE564 (patched).

Looking for any help getting this convenience feature working.