X11 forwarding from remote shell process

From: Dan Davison
Subject: X11 forwarding from remote shell process
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:01:19 -0400

I am using M-x shell in a local emacs session to start a shell process
on a remote machine, via tramp. How do I configure tramp so that remote shell
commands that create X11 windows will result in those windows being
displayed on my local machine? (Both machines are running ubuntu.)
Thanks a lot,
Dan