Re: Tramp and recursive file operations

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp and recursive file operations
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:06:06 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems OK, but I'd rather see them renamed to copy-file-recursive and
> delete-file-recursive at the same time and made independent from dired.

OK. Looking outside dired, there is already delete-directory, good for
empty directories. Maybe we add an optional parameter RECURSIVE?

A copy-directory function does not exist. What about allowing the first
parameter of copy-file to be a directory name? This would imply to copy
recursively.

Comments?