Re: Backup on DAV

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Backup on DAV
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 11:33:53 +0100

Gaute Amundsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi

Hi,

> There is some footwork involving content-types that eldav handled, but
> tramp / gvfs apparently don't.
> The effect is that when emacs creates a new file after renaming the old
> one for backup, it gets created in zope as
> "text/x-unknown-content-type".
> ( in my test case I presume it should be "text/pythonscript" or somthing
> to that effect, but I haven't fired up wireshark to look just yet )
>
> setting make-backup-files to nil solves that, but then all backups are
> disabled..
>
> Is there a way to disable backups only when in tramp, or even better
> only when using dav?

Try this:

(setq backup-enable-predicate
      (lambda (name)
        (and (normal-backup-enable-predicate name)
             (not
              (let ((method (file-remote-p name 'method)))
                (when (stringp method)
                  (member method '("dav" "davs"))))))))

I will check, whether it is possible the preserve the content-type of
files in tramp-gvfs.el