Re: Weird behaviour when entering the filename

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: Weird behaviour when entering the filename
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:29:35 +0100

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Michael Albinus
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Francis Moreau <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> This I do not understand. Do you mean, your emacs contains both patches,
>>> and you still have the problem?
>>
>> yes
>
> You did upgrade what? Emacs? Tramp? Your initial version was

Sorry for not being clear: I was meaning that the version of emacs I'm
using has both patches.

I still do not have updated emacs (including tramp) since the git
mirror repository seems to be no more kept uptodate and the bazar repo
can't be accessed with the command suggested by
http://savannah.gnu.org/bzr/?group=emacs. Adding this that I don't
know which tag I should use (if there're any) to get the last stable
emacs 23, I find emacs release process a total mess IMHO.

Could you recommend me an emacs' repo that I can use ?

>> I'm using emacs GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 from 2009-12-03, and Tramp
>> 2.1.18-pre.
>
> Have you called "emacs -Q"?

Yes.

> Sorry to ask such stupid questions, but I cannot reproduce the problem,
> and I want to exclude configuration mismatches.

No problem.

--
Francis