Re: Weird behaviour when entering the filename

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Weird behaviour when entering the filename
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 20:46:23 +0100

yary <address@hidden> writes:

> gnu "ls" uses the "--color" option as well, that's where busybox's
> came from, so adding support for customizing that in tramp wouldn't be
> completely irresponsible. As a BSD'er myself, it would be a waste for
> me, but I'll live.

Thank you for checking this. Of course, we could add a mechanism which
checks, whether a remote "ls" supports the "--color" option, and call it
with that option.

However, I believe, that an "ls" which supports coloring, shall also
understand $LS_COLORS. And it is much more simple to set this variable
always, because it doesn't hurt anybody.