Re: SCPC Detection Program

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: SCPC Detection Program
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:01:44 -0500

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:55:45 +0200 Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

MA> $ ssh -o ControlMaster=auto wrong-host
MA> ssh: Could not resolve hostname wrong-host: Name or service not known

MA> This would indicate, that the option is supported. Unsupported options
MA> return the following error message:

MA> $ ssh -o ControlMasterr=auto wrong-host
MA> command-line: line 0: Bad configuration option: ControlMasterr

You can just do this so there's no chance of hitting DNS for wrong-host:

% ssh -o ControlMaster
command-line line 0: Missing ControlMaster argument.
% ssh -o ControlMasterr
command-line: line 0: Bad configuration option: ControlMasterr

For OpenSSH at least it works.  I thought of grepping "man ssh_config"
but this is faster and safer.

Ted