Re: default remote shell in tramp

From: Vinh Nguyen
Subject: Re: default remote shell in tramp
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:15:04 -0700

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 12:25 AM, Michael Albinus
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Vinh Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> I have committed a patch that, when bash is called, it uses the
>>> arguments "-norc -noprofile" (see variable `tramp-sh-extra-args'). In
>>> fact, this variable did exist ever, but it wasn't used in all possible
>>> cases; that's why your login did hang.
>>
>> But disables both the system-wide and the files in the personal home
>> directory.  PATH definition in the home directory's .bashrc would not
>> be evaluated (which is what I would want).
>
> If you have a .bashrc, which sets PATH, and which does NOT set PS1, this
> could be loaded easily. The problem is, that you .bashrc does both. For
> this case, I have no solution, sorry.

OK, so I'm going through the process of removing all PS1 definitions
in all servers I'll connect to.  If you use the --norc and --noprofile
option, would you then have to do --rcfile ~/.bashrc in order to get
PATH (assuming no PS1 are defined there)?