Using tramp with 2 factor auth

From: Jason Stelzer
Subject: Using tramp with 2 factor auth
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 12:04:35 -0400

Pardon me bursting in and asking some basic questions, but I was
hoping for a pointer or two.

I'd like to use tramp through our bastion host. However, tramp doesn't
seem to quite know what to do about the second prompt. For machines
that are local, it works as one would expect.

I need to log into a box with ssh on a nonstandard port and public key
auth disabled. I need to use my password + an rsa token. The prompts
end up looking like this.

Password:
Enter PASSCODE:

As you'd expect, tramp does the right thing wth the first prompt. I
just need to figure out how to get it to allow me to input my rsa key
for the second prompt.

I am currently using tramp 2.0.58-pre inside of carbon emacs 22.3.1 on
os x 10.6.7

Thanks,

--
J.