Re: Tramp mosh method

From: Jason Stelzer
Subject: Re: Tramp mosh method
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:41:05 -0400

I don't think it's going to be that simple.

For ssh connections, you have a byte stream that tramp can interpret.

Mosh changes that. They're using  a new protocol called the State
Synchronization Protocol. It operates at the screen level and
synchronizes state.

Someone else can correct me where I'm wrong, but once ssh is used for
initial authentication, mosh uses a completely different protocol to
sych screen state.