Re: remote restricted bash does not allow hopping?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: remote restricted bash does not allow hopping?
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 08:30:51 +0200

Rodrigo Amestica <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Rodrigo,

> the patch works! In which way is it just a workaround? What side
> effect would you expect to find by leaving the patch permanently
> installed?

See the comment I have removed with the patch. If you run processes via
`start-file-process', you could see a logout message or something like
this. Not super important, but it disturbs.

You could see the effect by

M-x find-grep-dired RET <your remote path> RET <search string> RET

At the end of the result buffer, sometimes you see the logout message,
which shall be suppressed by the "exec" call.

> many thanks,
>  Rodrigo

> ps: in tramp-methods I add a custom 'ssha' method which is an exact
> copy of the original 'ssh' plus -A login argument. I needed to change
> my old ssha definition by copying anew from 2.2.5 the new ssh
> definition before all this went working okay.

Agent forwarding could also be specified in your ~/.ssh/config. Then you
wouldn't be surprised by changes in `tramp-methods' ...