Re: tramp (2.2.6-pre); ssh hangs after password prompt

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.2.6-pre); ssh hangs after password prompt
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 08:58:15 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> This machine worked with Tramp until yesterday.  All that's changed is
> that I did a Bazaar pull of Emacs this morning.  Before that I was using
> a build that was at most 4 weeks old, but unfortunately I don't have the
> exact info.  Do you want me to bisect?

I did expect that there was a change remotely. Well, there wasn't.

Tramp 2.2.6 has been released on 2012-09-12. Since then, almost nothing
has happened with the code (Emacs is in feature freeze). You might give
it a try, avoiding bisecting.

> MA> Please don't. Remove the link, and cleanup all Tramp caches by
> MA> `M-x tramp-cleanup-all-connections'. This should solve the problem.
>
> I don't understand how that can help.  That just brings me back to the
> broken state I reported in the bug.

I was thinking about stale cache entries. That's not the reason
according to your tests.

I will continue to analyze your traces. Since the problem is not related
to the original one in this thread, I propose to continue the discussion
replying to your bug report message.