Re: how to get bash_profile out of the way?

From: Rodrigo Amestica
Subject: Re: how to get bash_profile out of the way?
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 12:55:10 -0500

Hello Michael,

a lot of time has passed since then. first a short recapitulation: it
seems that my bash command prompt containing two lines confuses tramp
and grep or compile outputs would include my remote login salute,
making the buffers unsuited for proper 'f12' browsing.

recently I have updated to emacs 24.2.1 which implies tramp 2.2.3-24.1
and now the problem has gone away! Still having a bash prompt with two
lines now I get clean grep or compile buffers which I can beautifully
browse with f12! An incredible life improvement!

Days after the update I noticed that trying to dired directories with
too many files would provoke a 'Stack overflow' error. Quickly I found
this posting

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tramp-devel/2012-06/msg00000.html

and right away patched tramp.el. Now dired works good! But shortly
after that I'm discovering that now I'm back to the original polluted
buffer problem. My remote salute is again intermixed with grep or
compile outputs.

Does this help understanding the cause of my original problem? For now
I have disabled the 'Stack overflow' patch.

thanks,
 Rodrigo