Re: Problem with Windows

From: Vilibald
Subject: Re: Problem with Windows
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 20:20:39 +0200

Hello,
I had to work from Windows too and had the same setup as you do and encountered same error. The cause was the shell prompt which tramp didn't recognize.
My way to fix it was to set the tramp-terminal type to "dumb"

M-x customize-variable RET  tramp-terminal-type

and in the .bashrc file check for it and set the the prompt correctly along these lines

case "$TERM" in
"dumb")
    PS1="> "
    ;;
xterm*|rxvt*|eterm*|screen*)
    # PS1="my prompt > "
    ;;
*)
    PS1="> "
    ;;
esac

Other option is to customize the variable tramp-terminal-prompt-regexp but that caused me more headache.

wvi