Re: tramp 2.26 emacs 24.3 plink

From: MM
Subject: Re: tramp 2.26 emacs 24.3 plink
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 15:14:37 +0100

On 15 September 2014 14:58, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
> MM <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Two issues are outstanding:
>>
>> 1. From tramp debug
>>                         Finding true name for
>> `/myplink:host:c:/home/user/test/btr.cpp'
>>
>> 2.
>> 13:48:35.329000 tramp-get-ls-command (1) # File error: Couldn't find a
>> proper `ls' command
>>
>> It seems the home directory somehow gets expanded to be the local
>> windows box home dir...
>
> As usual, I need traces with tramp-verbose 6. Before running the test,
> please apply "M-x tramp-cleanup-all-connections".
>
> Best regards, Michael.
I usually restart Emacs.

Please find the debug attached, so:

1. There are appear to be repeated retries to read the prompt. Is
there a way to increase the time between retries?

2. After the successful log in to the final host, tramp sends
_another_ plink command towards myhost again, which just fails. It's
not needed. This makes the connection to myhost closed, and back to
the prompt on the gateway

3. A 2nd successful login to myhost, and then tramp seems to do a
couple of checks on available commands, though it erases the PATH
variable before that.

4. finally, it tries to locate the file I've asked for, but adds the C
windows drive. Indeed, my home directory is actually the same on my
windows box and the remote solaris server.

5. then, it attempts to find the 'ls' command

Thank you very much,

Inline below, my .emacs again.... Do I need the proxies alist still?

(require 'tramp)
(require 'tramp-sh)
(setq tramp-verbose 6)
(add-to-list 'tramp-methods
  '("myplink"
    (tramp-login-program        "plink")
    (tramp-login-args           (("-l" "%u") ("-pw" "mypass") ("-ssh") ("%h")))
    (tramp-remote-shell         "/bin/bash")
    (tramp-remote-shell-args    ("-c"))
   ))

(setq tramp-default-method "myplink")
 (setq tramp-password-end-of-line "\r\n")
(add-to-list 'tramp-default-proxies-alist
  '("myhost" nil "/myplink:address@hidden:"))

(defconst my-tramp-prompt-regexp
  (concat (regexp-quote "Host:") "\\s-*")
  "Regular expression matching my login prompt question.")

(defun my-tramp-action (proc vec)
  "Enter the host name in order to give a correct answer."
  (save-window-excursion
    (with-current-buffer (tramp-get-connection-buffer vec)
      (tramp-message vec 6 "\n%s" (buffer-string))
      (tramp-send-string vec "myhost"))))

(eval-after-load "tramp-sh"
 '(add-to-list 'tramp-actions-before-shell
              '(my-tramp-prompt-regexp my-tramp-action)))