Re: Pscp is broken on >2.2.6

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Pscp is broken on >2.2.6
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 12:34:45 +0100

Nikolay Kudryavtsev <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello.
>
> It seems that pscp copying does not work in current versions of tramp
> when password authorization is used. It keeps asking for password,
> even though I enter the correct one and then just fails.
>
> Copying works when you have ssh key authorization set up.
>
> The last version that worked for me was 2.2.6, when I use anything
> higher, it breaks.
>
> Here's a broken log from 2.2.10. Here's a working log from 2.2.6.

Likely, it is due to the change from `start-process' to
`start-process-shell-command' in `tramp-do-copy-or-rename-file-out-of-band'.

I've seen other reports of this type as well, but I need to get an MS
Windows machine in order to reproduce and debug it myself. Usually, I
have no access to MS Windows.

As workaround, you might use plink.