PATH set in .bash_profile is not honored by eshell+tramp

From: Ivan Zakharyaschev
Subject: PATH set in .bash_profile is not honored by eshell+tramp
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:20:24 +0400

Hello!

I've read a lot of things related to this topic, and have the
impression that this should work, but it doesn't.

The problem is that I set a custom PATH in my .bash_profile on the
remote host, but it is not used whenever I issue a command in eshell
(+tramp).

I have set:

(add-to-list 'tramp-remote-path 'tramp-own-remote-path)

(I've written this question at
http://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/7673/5165 , too.)

Here is the debug output of several attempts to run a remote command: attached.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

--
Ivan