Re: password caching not working as hoped on remote machine

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: password caching not working as hoped on remote machine
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 10:41:39 +0200

Craig Hicks <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Micheal Albinus

Hi Craig,

I'm back and alive :-)

> What I am using is
>
> /ssh:address@hidden|sudo:machine:/home/user
>
> which starts me in root unable to use exit to drop down to user.

Before continuing, we shall examine your Tramp setup. You've said that
you have tried to install Tramp from git, and it did fail. How have you
done it? I hope, you have installed Tramp separately, outside the Emeacs
installation path. Did you?

After that, you need to call

autoconf
./configure
make

And finally you must adapt Emacs' loadpath.

Could you pls confirm that you have done this?