Re: Rclone?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Rclone?
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 16:42:36 +0100

Hi Matt,

I have pushed some further patches to the Tramp repo. Everything is
still experimental, but my major concern is performance. Do you have
some experience, comparing native rclone operations, and Tramp's
integration?

Furthermore I'm planning to push this also to the Emacs
repository. Maybe there are some further rclone aficiliados, who could
give early feedback. Anybody reading this here on the Tramp ML is
invited for testing as well!

I have tested it so far only with Google Drive and the local
filesystem. Likely, there are some flags or so one needs to consider for
these or other file systems. For the time being I don't use any specific
flag; but I have the feeling we should allow this for users.

What do you think about?