Re: performance on opening file

From: Alex V. Koval
Subject: Re: performance on opening file
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 13:43:18 +0200

Hi Michael,

> I see in the traces that you have interrupted Tramp, but this isn't
> sufficient. I need also the backtrace at this time.
>
> Could you pls apply the appended patch to tramp.el, and rerun the test?
> The trace shall tell us then, where the problem happened.

I've spent some time today's morning, but to my regret I can't reliable
reproduce it, may be it is because I've recompiled to be on latest emacs-26.1.92
with -Q (somehow -Q does not work for emacs-27.0.50) may be something
else is the reason. Enabling projectile global mode does not lead to
*same* problems as it were several days ago, so either it is more complex
(e.g. some other package interfere it) or the things were changed upstream.

During my morning investigations I've also found another problematic package -
treemacs-icons-dired, but I don't want to spend either yours or my time
on debugging that - it is not core thing which everyone needs, I've
just disabled it.

OK, for the moment I've got all I need - I know what to do next, when I
see tramp slowdown, and how to properly report it to you. So I am ready
to do it when the real problem occurs.

Thank you you again for a prompt response! :-)

WBR, Alex