Re: tramp (2.5.0-pre nil/nil); Cannot write to /sudo::file in /boot pa

From: Yikai Zhao
Subject: Re: tramp (2.5.0-pre nil/nil); Cannot write to /sudo::file in /boot partition
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 22:33:18 +0800

Beside of getting the error message, the buffer will also remain in "unsaved"
state which is annoying because emacs will then warn me when I close it.

I think this should be a fairly common use case (everyone's boot partition must
be a FAT filesystem, right?) and it would be great to see it resolved by tramp.

Can we maybe detect this kind of error (by parsing the output of cp?) to ignore
it? Or can we detect the destination filesystem type to drop the "-p" argument
of cp? Or, at the very least, can we have a buffer-local option to control the
arguments of the cp command?