Re: Tramp never unmounts sshfs volumes

From: Stephen Gildea
Subject: Re: Tramp never unmounts sshfs volumes
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 07:36:10 -0700

Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> wrote:

>   Stephen Gildea <stepheng+emacs@gildea.com> writes:
>
>   Hi Stephen,
>
>   > How about a more descriptive comment for new function
> tramp-file-name-unify.
>   > I think the term "unify" is not as specific as it could be.  It seems the
>   > point is that vec objects returned by this function compare 'equal' if
> they
>   > refer to the same connection.
>
>   I'm notoriously bad in choosing names and comments. Proposals welcome!
> However,
>   the name shall start with `tramp-file-name-' due to its relation to the
> defstruct.

I did not mean to imply that the name was poor.  Any name more specific
would probably be too long, e.g., tramp-file-name-remove-non-connection.

I merely intended to ask that the documentation string mention the goal.
Perhaps:

(defun tramp-file-name-unify (vec)
  "Unify VEC by removing localname and hop from `tramp-file-name' structure.
Objects returned by this function compare `equal' if they refer to the
same connection.  Make a copy in order to avoid side effects."