Re: Problem connecting to webdav share with path in sharename using Tram

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Problem connecting to webdav share with path in sharename using Tramp
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 18:58:56 +0100

manuel.deljesuspe@gmail.com writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Manuel,

> I have tried as you said, running 'emacs -Q'. I attach the contents of
> the debug buffer. In this case, Tramp gets to ask for a password, but
> it does not seem to recognize the password. It does not matter which
> password I do use, that it continues asking for the password "ad
> infinitum". It does not matter whether I connect to the share via
> Nautilus or not.

The debug buffer shows an authentication error, indeed.

You have used the "davs" method. Does it make a difference to use "dav"
instead?

Furthermore, what happens if you open only the share, like "C-x C-f
/davs:hstuser@srvname.hstname.es:/hcwebdav"

And finally, when you have mounted the share via nautilus, could you pls
run the following command from a shell, and show the output?

# gio mount -l